Top troubleshooting steps
Modified on: Wed, 15 Jul, 2020 at 12:50 PM
We know how frustrating it can be when things are not working right. If you're experiencing an issue streaming or can't watch Frndly TV, please try following these basic steps to fix the errors.
Please complete the following steps in order:
1. Restart your devices:
1. Unplug your router and modem from the wall for 20-30 seconds to reset them, then plug them back in.
2. Unplug your streaming device from the wall for 20-30 seconds to reset it, then plug it back in. If you're watching on a computer or mobile device, simply shut down and restart the device as you would normally.
(Experts say this is a good idea to do on a regular basis. Read what they say about it here).
2A. If you are using a Roku/Roku TV, Amazon Firestick/FireTV or Apple TV
1. Uninstall the Frndly TV app on your device. For specific instructions on how to uninstall, please click the below link for the device you are using to watch:
2. Re-install the Frndly TV app on your device. If you need a reminder on how to install the app, please click the below link for the device you're using to watch:
3. Update the software on the device. For specific instructions on how to do so, please click the link for the device you are using to watch:
2B. If you are using an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device
Uninstall the Frndly TV app on your mobile device and reinstall it
Check for software updates for your device
2C. If you are using a web browser (Google Chrome/Safari/Internet Explorer/Etc.)
Click here for troubleshooting steps.
Using multiple devices on the same network can cause buffering. Try reducing the number of devices on your network and see if your Frndly TV service improves.
If you're still experiencing an issue: please run an Internet & Latency Speed Test (this process takes about 30 seconds) and send us a screenshot of the results via chat, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can look into the problem further. Note: The speed test needs to be ran on the same network you use to watch.
The screenshot should look like this:
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.