Apple TV Troubleshooting Steps
Modified on: Wed, 4 Nov, 2020 at 9:16 AM
Please complete the following steps in order:
1. Restart your router and modem:
1. Restart your router and modem by unplugging them from the wall for 60 seconds, then plug it back in
(Experts say this is a good idea to do every thirty days. Read what they say about it here!)
2. Restart your Apple TV
1. Restart your Apple TV by unplugging it from the wall for 60 seconds, then plug it back in
3. Uninstall the Frndly TV app from your Apple TV:
From the Home screen, select "Settings"
Scroll down to "Manage Storage" (under Usage)
Click on the Trash Can Button
4. Reinstall the Frndly TV app from your Apple TV:
Press the "Home" button on your Apple TV remote
Open the App Store on your Apple TV
In the menu bar, select the Search Button
Enter "Frndly TV"
Swipe down to select the Frndly TV app
Follow on-screen prompts
4. Check your Apple TV for a software update:
Press the “Home Button” on your Apple Remote
Go to "Settings"
Select "Software Updates"
Select "Update Software"
If an update appears, select "Download and Install." Wait for the update to download and install, which will reboot your Apple TV in the process.
If you're still experiencing an issue: please run an Internet & Latency Speed Test (this process takes about 30 seconds) and send us a screenshot of the results via chat, or email us at email@example.com so we can look into the problem further. Note: The speed test needs to be run on the same network you use to watch Frndly TV.
The screenshot should look like this:
Note: Using multiple devices on the same network can cause buffering. Try reducing the number of devices on your network and see if your Frndly TV service improves.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.